The world today is ever evolving for new threats and surprises. So learn to engage your detective sense when it comes to identifying fraud. Here are a few quick pointers:
1. Never invest yourself with anyone you haven’t met face to face.
2. Never give out your Gov’t issued number, passport detail, bank, or credit card details to anyone.
3. If someone asks to use your address to get something shipped, or send you a gift, it’s better to avoid it all together unless you have met them.
4. If someone asks for money, or financial assistance, it’s generally a red flag they will never return it.
5. If someone wants to send you money and ask for your bank details, they can use your bank details to withdraw money instead.
5. Be afraid of crypto traders looking to help you get rich on a social networking app. This is a good indicator that you are about to be scammed.
6. Keep all communication in the app. Do not share your email or phone number until you have met the person face to face.
7. We will never ask you for your credit card number or detail by email. We have one way to check out, that’s the app.
8. We only send emails from our server firstname.lastname@example.org.
At each event, you also have the ability of notifying a concern to us via the feedback form. If you meet any shady characters on the app, please report them. We can investigate and take appropriate actions accordingly. Leap Social is a safe and fun place to meet IRL.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to reach us at: email@example.com