Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
Application means the software program provided by Leap downloaded by You on any electronic device.
Company (referred to as either “Leap”, “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Riu International LLC.
Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Service refers to the Application or the Website or both.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
Third-party Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Website refers to Leap, accessible from www.leapsocial.com.
You means the individual accessing or using the Service.
US means the company, and its stake holders under “Leap social” managed by RIU International.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. The information we collect helps to enhance the App and verify our users. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
First name and last name
Date of birth
For Users who are California residents, the data we may collect falls within the following categories of “personal information”, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
1. Identifiers, such as name and location;
2. Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as contact (including email and telephone number) and financial information;
3. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (if you choose to provide them), such as age, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, and medical conditions;
4. Commercial information, such as transaction information and purchase history;
5. Biometric information (not relevant here);
6. Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our Sites and App;
7. Geolocation data, such as mobile device location;
8. Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as photos and videos;
9. Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer;
10. Non-public education information; and
11. Inferences drawn from any of the personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information from Third-Party Services
Leap Social allows You to create an account and log in to use the Service through the following Third-party Services:
If You decide to register through or otherwise grant us access to a Third-Party Service, We may collect Personal data that is already associated with Your Third-Party Service’s account, such as Your name, Your email address, Your activities or Your contact list associated with that account.
We may allow service providers, advertising companies and ad networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our Service. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. We do not provide any non-anonymized personal information to third parties.
While using Our Application, in order to provide features of Our Application, We may collect, with Your prior permission:
• Information regarding your location
• Pictures and other information from your Device’s camera and photo library
We use this information to provide features of Our Service, to improve and customize Our Service. The information may be uploaded to the Company’s servers and/or a Service Provider’s server or it may be simply stored on Your device.
If you have given access to your location in your Device settings, when you use your Device, we will collect information about WiFi access points as well as other location information about your longitude and latitude and may save your Device’s coordinates to offer certain features to you. This information helps us identify your physical location and we use it to personalize the App and make it easier for you to interact with other users, by enabling the general locality information to be displayed to users seeing your profile and showing you the profiles of other users who are near you.
You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through Your Device settings.
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
• Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. You can learn more about cookies here: Cookies by TermsFeed Generator.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us.
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service and to personalize our Service and the content we deliver to You.
To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
To provide You with news, promotions and offers that we have available unless You have opted not to receive such information.
To manage Your requests to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and provide you with customer support.
For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
To protect You: to investigate fraud and protect our legal rights, protect You from harm and to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following lawful bases:
• Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us.
• Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so.
• We may use and share de-identified, non-personal, pseudonymous, and/or aggregated information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with other third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our service and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes.
Information shared with other Users: When You register as a User of Leap, your profile will be viewable by other Users of the Service. If You interact with other Users or register through a Third-Party Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Service may see Your name, profile, photos, age, approximate number of miles away, personal description, information You have in common with the person viewing our profile, such as common friends and likes. If You click on the like (heart) to say “yes” to a person, you will be able to chat with that person if they say yes to you, e.g., when you have a “match.” if you chat with your match, your match will see the content of your chat.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
• With Service Providers: We may share Your personal and financial information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service and to provide customer service and marketing assistance.
• For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
• With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
• With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
• Law enforcement: Under certain circumstances, We may be required to disclose Your information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
• Other legal requirements: We may disclose Your information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• Comply with a legal obligation
• Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
• Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
• Protect against legal liability
We take reasonable steps to help ensure that Your Personal Data collected from you is accurate, complete and current. In addition to accessing Your Personal Data through the app or website, You may also request access to Your Personal Data, request that erroneous or inaccurate Personal Data be updated, or request deletion of Your Personal Data, by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your Account, copies of that information may still be viewable and/or accessed to the extent such information has been previously shared with others, or copied or stored by others. We cannot control this, nor do We accept any liability for this. If you have given third party applications or websites access to your personal information, they may retain such information to the extent permitted under their terms of service or privacy policies.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect Your Personal Data from unauthorized access and disclosure, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. Therefore, Users should carefully handle and disclose their Personal Information and avoid sending Personal Information through insecure communication channels. Please refer to the federal trade commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers right away. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information – However the user must be of age 18, at the very least.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Mili Patel, ESQ at Mili@leapsocial.com
Last updated: January 20, 2022